We take extraordinary measures to ensure the fastest, most reliable connection possible to our robots but sometimes problems can still occur. Players have reported that sometimes while playing their screen will go black, almost like somebody turned out the lights, but they can still see the controls for the putter and it still lets them play.
These issues are usually correlated to other connection problems which can be at either or both ends (player and robot). When this happens please use the in app feedback function to let us know so we can refund your round. We have also found that exiting out of the app and re-opening it can make the black screen go away. In addition we have some recommended preventative steps that should help reduce the amount of black screens that you run into. They are:
- Use a stable WiFi or cellular data connection with a a minimum 2 Mbps download speed.
- Do not play while connected to a VPN.
- Close all other apps on your device. Please note that older devices may have trouble displaying the live video if other apps are using resources.
- In a vehicle? - Whether on public WiFi or cellular data connections, if you are travelling you will be moved from one access point to the next. This transition period can disrupt your connection and cause gameplay issues.
- Keep in mind network congestion - whether at home via an internet provider or on the go via a carrier network, busy networks can cause poor performance.
- Make sure WiFi assist/Intelligent WiFi is disabled on your device.
Things to try that might improve your experience:
- Try moving closer to your WiFi router / access point
- Try connecting to a different network - If you are experiencing issues on WiFi try switching to cellular data and vice versa if possible to see if the problem is isolated to a single network